Friday, May 21, 2010

Bush, Obama and Losing Eastern Europe

Is Obama’s foreign policy signaling the end of America’s role as the world’s last superpower? That was the question discussed at a very interesting debate I attended last week, and while I enjoyed the back-and-forth of the participants, I couldn’t help but think that the whole premise of their debate was flawed. First, we have to admit that others (China, Europe and Russia to name a few) are rising as world powers; and when it comes to discussing America’s decline, there’s more than enough blame to go around. On that note, I take a look at how both Presidents Bush and Obama had a hand in diminishing America’s influence in Eastern Europe during the past few years. For the whole argument, check out my post at The Mantle here.
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: