Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Damn you Guy Ritchie

I say that because after hearing the tragic news this morning of a Turkish Airlines 737 jet crash in Amsterdam, which killed nine people, all I can think about is a throwaway line from Ritchie's gangster-comedy movie “Snatch.”

It is when we first meet Jason Statham’s character, who's named Turkish. About his name, he explains that he knows its weird - his parents met during a plane crash, and that was the name of the airline... So of course when I saw the pictures from the crash, with the name emblazoned on the fuselage, that’s all I could think about.

A tragic event (though thankfully not as bad as it could have been since there were 134 people onboard) and all I can think about is a British gangster movie. It really is terrible how pop culture invades our minds...
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: