Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bosnia, A Test Case for Multilateralism

In my latest post over at The Mantle I tackle the topic of Bosnia, actually former Senator Bob Dole's take on the situation in Bosnia, which he worries could be split apart because of gridlock within the government between the Bosnian Serb and Bosnian Croat/Bosnian Muslim sides. With the specter of a new Balkan war in the background, Dole calls for the US to get involved to fix the political situation or risk disaster. My take though is that Bosnia could provide serve as a great test case for the new era of multilateralism that President Obama has made the center point of his foreign policy.

Give my whole argument a read over at The Mantle.
Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

DM said...

You know, I totally agree with your assessment here. It's the policy I hope the US follows in Afghanistan as well; going it alone has bankrupted us and destroyed our reputation.